UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs Johnson is just 2 days away and we’re here with our fantasy preview for the event thanks to our partner, Draft Kings. Sign up and deposit at their MMA fantasy site and you’ll receive a 100% match bonus, a free ticket to their $25k guaranteed tournament and help ensure our picks remain free! Based on current numbers, our picks will likely remain free only until the end of January when we will likely go back to a paid model. If you sign up and deposit just $20 at Draft Kings, you will be helping to extend our free picks for even longer! As for UFC on FOX 14, be sure to check out our early betting tips and stay tuned for our full betting tips which should be posted tomorrow evening!
Must Have Favourites
1. Kenny Robertson – For just $10,300, Robertson is a steal. We had him in a 3 team parlay in our early betting tips, but the line on him has since climbed considerably to 2.20 (+120) or so. We think the public is on the wrong side in his fight against Sultan Aliev. Add to that the fact that most of Robertson’s wins come via submission and we think we have a great fantasy team member. He also has a relatively low salary at just $10,300.
2. Mirsad Bektic – Bektic is 8-0 in his career with 6 of his 8 wins coming inside the distance. He is another member of our 3 team parlay and he’ll be taking on debuting prospect Paul Redmond who is 10-4 overall. We think Bektic gets the job done early and his $11,700 salary is well worth including on your team.
3. Mairbek Taisumov – You may not be able to squeeze both Bektic and Taisumov’s salary on one team, but these guys can each be a staple of one of your teams. Like Bektic, Taisumov is facing a debuting prospect and also like Bektic, he wins the majority of his fights inside the distance. Obviously in fantasy MMA, winning inside the distance is a big coo as you receive big time bonus points. The $12,000 salary may be a little tough to fit on many teams.
1. Anthony Johnson – Should Johnson win, it will likely be because Gustafsson is knocked out. While there is a lot of risk in having Johnson on your team, the potential reward of a huge TKO win for 100 points is well worth it in our opinion.
2. Sam Sicilia – Sicilia has won 11 of his 13 fights via TKO or submission. In a close fight against Akira Corassani, if you think Sicilia pulls it off, he’s definitely worth including on your team with a salary of less than $10,000.
3. Ryan Bader – Bader will likely be fighting for 3 rounds and as long as Davis isn’t able to just hold him on his back (which is a decent possibility), Bader can probably pick up some decent points. For just $8,700, we feel taking a shot with Bader on one of your teams is a good idea.
That’s it for our UFC on FOX 14: Gustafsson vs Johnson fantasy preview. Be sure to sign up at Draft Kings to get in on all the action and to help support our free betting tips. Also be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook for all the latest!